Re: [AMBER] Selenomethionine force field parameters

From: Jeffrey Wagner <jwagnerjpl.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 07:54:44 -0700

Hi Kellon,

Sorry to run this off on a tangent, but OpenFF is also trying to
incorporate the standard definitions from components.cif into some of our
own work. It's turning out to be not-entirely-trivial -- basically, we're
struggling to distinguish when entries in that file are describing residue
_substructures_ (as they'd appear in the middle of a chain), versus just an
uncapped instance of the residue as would be found floating around in
solution.

I'd be happy to loop you in on our working sessions on this, Kellon, or you
can contact me when you start working on it and I can catch you up on what
we found.

Cheers,
Jeff