Re: [AMBER] Adventures installing AMBER 20 in Centos 7

From: Gerald Monard <gerald.monard.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 11:55:22 +0900

Hi,

The MPI implementation of openmpi or mpich provided in CentOS is a pain.
CentOS 8 is even worse. The best is to install your own version. You can
use the configure_openmpi.sh script available in AmberTools/src if you
want some automatic configuration and build.

I have also experienced that these official implementations can hang
forever. Not always on the same test scripts though ...

Gerald.