Re: [AMBER] 2.5 fs integration time step

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 15:51:07 -0400

4 fs time steps with HMR is still a "classical" MD simulation.
I think the HMR article discusses the impact of longer time steps. In some
systems you may be able to get away with 2.5 fs using a strong thermostat,
but I would carefully check the energy profile and other metrics to look
for instabilities. I would be a little surprised if the energy profile
matched that from a smaller time step, but I suppose some systems are less
sensitive than others.