Re: [AMBER] Using average frame for nmode entropy calculation?

From: Liao <liaojunzhuo.aliyun.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 13:05:42 -0500

Thanks for the explanation on the Quasiharmonic entropy calculation.

I have too many trajectories to calculation and the system is too large, in my case pruning the structure is necessary for nmode, and as a even faster alternative a single average (no pruning) was worth trying-the average structure is distorted, but then I thought there’s the minimization that restores things, and that as long as the frames all come from a single energy minimum (no major changes between each other), it may be ok.
The results I got on one test from 8 separate frames vs average frame from 8 was total entropy 3065 vs 3064, which was very good, though the binding delta was larger in difference, -69 vs -59.