Re: [AMBER] Visualizing NetCDF in VMD - ERROR

From: Gustaf Olsson <gustaf.olsson.lnu.se>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 07:51:29 +0000

There is though they “hid” this option by separating MD files from static molecular files:

Tools -> MD/Ensemble Analysis -> MD Movie

You’ll get a popup where you enter Prmtop and Trajectory files and load.

Water is hidden by default unless associated with any “non water” in the system.

Some “doc” info: https://www.cgl.ucsf.edu/chimera/docs/ContributedSoftware/movie/framemovie.html

and a tutorial: https://www.cgl.ucsf.edu/chimera/docs/UsersGuide/tutorials/ensembles2.html

In the end I guess that you will be using Chimera for visualisation and figures rather then analysis, which is primarily done with cpptraj. This is the way I have been using chimera. In my personal opinion, chimera is able to produce more versatile and higher quality graphics then VMD, which I normally use for visual inspection and some analyses rather then generating graphics.

Best regards
// Gustaf