Re: [AMBER] Visualizing NetCDF in VMD - ERROR

From: Hai Nguyen <nhai.qn.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 12:47:40 -0400

On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 9:21 PM Jatin Kashyap <jk435.njit.edu> wrote:

> Hi Gustaf,
>
> You got it right! I am sorry for not providing additional information in
> the first place.
> I am using macOS, and it is mentioned in the VMD’s docs that NetCDF
> functionality is not supported on macOS Catalina.
> I am working through UCSF Chimera, but there is no Amber param file format
> available to load the file as I try to load the parameter file.
> Is there any tutorial that I can follow for analyzing the Amber trajectory
> with UCSF Chimera?

If you are familiar with jupyter notebook and don't mind learning new
software, you can give nglview a try. (
https://github.com/nglviewer/nglview/blob/master/README.md)

nglview is not as powerful as VMD or Chimera but it's quite convenient for
visualization.

PS: See Lily's talk mentioning about the usage of nglview:
https://youtu.be/X5umNQDqfqQ?t=616
Cheers
Hai