Re: [AMBER] [lsimon.usal.es: MDGX charge fitting with some charges fixed or restrained]

From: Luis Simon <lsimon.usal.es>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 18:20:24 +0100

Thanks! and please receive my apologies for not checking the help in the mdgx command… for some reason I thought the information of the mdgx -FITQ was the same that in the manual…

FixQ des exactly what I needed to do… and tether will also be handy for dealing with caps… I used NME and ACE caps for deriving the grids, and although I initially considered to fit the charges of the atoms in the caps, it is probably a better idea to keep these charges as those in the protein force field… (now I only have to decide from which force field I use the charges… you probably will recommend me ff15iq or ff14iq for consistency).

Best

Luis