Re: [AMBER] Odd number of electrons

From: Gustaf Olsson <gustaf.olsson.lnu.se>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 08:08:47 +0000

Looking at the PDB provided it is clear that the molecular charge is not zero.

There is a “carboxylate” group which, to produce a neutral structure, should be protonated (COOH and not COO-). Furthermore, there is a “nitro” group, while I am not sure regarding the importance of conservation of double bonds in PDB structure files, adding one for good measure might not be a bad idea.

Making these changes and performing a fast energy minimisation (not to convergence) successfully produced output using the antechamber input, as you supplied it.

If you need the deprotonated form of the acid, then the charge has to be set to -1 (nc -1).

Best regards
// Gustaf