Re: [AMBER] Sufficiently equilibrated or not

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 13:00:49 -0500

I feel that it might be worth looking into the literature at published work
on DNA quadruplexes, and see if this is reasonable behavior compared to
those or not. It seems to me that the simulation has reached a fairly
stable structure. The remaining question is how this differs from your
initial model, and if those differences are expected in your force field or
are reasonable for G-quadruplexes (depending on the quality of your initial
structure). We can help here with software technical issues, but for
feedback on whether your simulations are scientifically reasonable you'll
probably want to see what experts in the field of DNA simulations have
previously reported, and to perform the types of analyses that are typical
for describing G-quadruplex structure. You'll want to know that before
writing up your own data of course.

Also as a side note I don't think the ligand rmsd plot is telling you much
other than the internal motion of the ligand is not large. As I
mentioned before, the rmsd of a ligand is fairly unhelpful unless you first
fit the binding site and then calculate the ligand rmsd without redoing the
best-fit process.