Re: [AMBER] MAXPR error in sander sp job

From: Vaibhav Dixit <vaibhavadixit.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 16:06:40 +0530

Dear Carlos, David and All,
The E-difference between two states (1 and 2) is 21 kcal/mol under
non-periodic and 26 kcal/mol under periodic conditions.
This means that the variation in differences of Es between the two states
is about 5 kcal/mol when we change how the SP Es are calculated (periodic
vs non-periodic system).
But as you might have guessed, there is a huge difference in the speed of
these calculations.
The calculation for the periodic system with cut=9 finishes within 10
minutes while for non-periodic with cut=9999 takes 4-6 hours depending on
the size of the system (2000 snapshots were analyzed).

Now I'm investigating how this E-diff between two states changes with
respect to many factors e.g. box size, force field, mutation of key
residues etc.
Thus can you please suggest which system (periodic or non-periodic) might
be considered more reliable (if at all) to dwell more deeply into the
effect of factors mentioned above?
Or one has to calculate all and then analyze how it relates to the
experimental data?
Looking forward to your insightful suggestions and tips for doing this
analysis.
Thank you and best regards.