Re: [AMBER] OPC monovalent ion parameters

From: Thomas Cheatham <tec3.utah.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 04:33:41 +0000

I would suggest that this needs to be very clearly documented in the AMBER manuals to prevent confusion. Either the small differences do not matter or they are significant. If the small differences do not matter, why do we need new models? We need them only if differences are significant (and better). Yes, we have new papers with new parameters, but why should we use these unless significant improvement is seen, otherwise people are confused (sorry for reiterating). I will also reiterate, just because it is new, doesn't mean it is always better... Test, validate, assess and as dac would say, do not be afraid to experiment...

--tec3