Re: [AMBER] single strand RNA parameters

From: Jiri Sponer <sponer.ncbr.muni.cz>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 19:59:27 +0100 (MET)

Dear Jorge, it is difficult to advice as I do not know the system you
study. Essentially, for each protein-RNA system one needs to find
some appopriate descriptors respecting a given specific structure (we
have published number of protein-RNA MD simulation studies, so you can see
them). So it depends on the structure at the protein-RNA interface.
In most cases it is important to first monitor mainly the protein-RNA
interactions, H-bonds, stacks. Their monitoring also gives an idea
if the trajectory is healthy or corrupted. If there is protein-RNA
simulaion study that does not monitor the interface then I do not read
the work irrespective of what the authors write.
ssRNA is going to adapt to the protein.
Best wishes, Jiri