Re: [AMBER] SMD & MULTI_RMSD

From: Fabian Glaser <fabian.glaser.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 16:19:10 +0200

Dear Feng,

I would like to ask related questions if that is ok, this time I would like to use TORSION as my CV, actually multiple torsion angles. I came up with the example bellow as my input cv. But I am not sure I am doing it right. Is that the correct syntax for multi torsional values?

What is the difference between the harm value and the anchor_strengh? Do I need to use both?
Also, I guess also here the path starts with the query angles and ends with the target, which is the same that appears at the anchor position target, is that correct?

Thanks!

&colvar

  npath = 2
  nharm = 1
  harm = 50.0
  path = 0, -2

  cv_type = 'TORSION'
  cv_ni = 4,
  cv_i = 5, 7, 9, 15
  anchor_position = -3,-2.0,-2.0,3
  !anchor_strength = 100
/

&colvar

  npath = 2
  nharm = 1
  harm = 50.0
  path = 0.67, -1.8

  cv_type = 'TORSION'
  cv_ni = 4, cv_i = 7, 9, 15, 17
  anchor_position = -2,-1.8,-1.8,2
  !anchor_strength = 100
/

Best,

Fabian

Fabian Glaser PhD

Bioinformatics Knowledge Unit - BKU
The Lorry I. Lokey Center for Life Sciences and Engineering
Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
Web https://lokey.technion.ac.il/bioinformatic-knowledge-unit/
Tel +972 (0) 4 8293701