Re: [AMBER] Amber 20 installation, problems with the testing phase

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2021 22:37:14 -0500

On Tue, Jan 05, 2021, Beatriz Gomes Guimaraes wrote:

>I think my AMBERHOME environment variable is OK. I had included a line in
>the .bashrc and if I type cd $AMBERHOME it goes to /usr/local/amber20.

It's worth typing "echo $AMBERHOME" as well.

>>When I try make test.serial
>>I get the following message:
>>(cd AmberTools/test && make test)
>>make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/local/amber20/AmberTools/test'
>>Makefile:2: /config.h: No such file or directory
> ^^^^^^^^^^^

If you go to the AmberTools/test directory, and look at line 2 of the
Makefile, you should see this:

include $(AMBERHOME)/config.h

Somehow, the make variable $(AMBERHOME) is not set for you and you get a
blank string before the "/config.h" part. Not sure why.

You could try this: change line 2 (above) to this:

include ../../config.h

That should(?) be OK, since line 3 of the Makefile exports AMBERHOME to your
environment.

Let me know if this helps.

....dac