Re: [AMBER] Charged species with antechamber

From: Dr. Anselm Horn <anselm.horn.fau.de>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 16:48:59 +0100

Hi,

the tleap message you see is merely a warning, since you normally intend
to have systems with a total charge of zero (due to periodicity in the
simulation setup). So, no problem from that, you may add counter ions later.

Your other question "how good is antechamber at handling charged
molecules" actually relates to the "quality" of different charge
derivation methods, since antechamber acts just as front end for these.
Maybe you want to have a look into the literature (see citations in the
Amber manual) for a more in-depth discussion there.

Regards,

Anselm