Re: [AMBER] pmemd.cuda: error while loading shared libraries: libgfortran.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2020 09:18:40 -0500

On Tue, Dec 01, 2020, Sruthi Sudhakar wrote:

>We have newly installed AMBER18 in our ubuntu 19.10 system. When we tried
>to run simulation, pmemd and sander runs fine but I get the following error
>in pmemd.cuda
>pmemd.cuda: error while loading shared libraries: libgfortran.so.4: cannot
>open shared object file: No such file or directory

What version of gcc/gfortran are you using? Do you have more than one
version installed on your computer? Did you compile pmemd.cuda at the
same time that you compiled pmemd?

Look in your /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu folder: what files there start
with libgfortran?

It's not clear how this arose, but it seems likely that you have some
component that was compiled with a different version of gfortran than
the one used for pmemd itself. That seems odd, but maybe someone on the
list will have ideas here.

You can try the following:

     sudo apt-get install libgfortran4

This might fix the problem without explaining it.

...dac