Re: [AMBER] a metal bound Met

From: Pengfei Li <ambermailpengfei.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 10:25:39 -0500

Dear Wu,

In your original pdb file, you do not need to rename the MET (which coordinates to Mg2+) to a different residue name because when MET coordinated to the metal ion, it does not lose any protons. This is different from CYS that when it coordinates to a metal ion it may lose a proton, if it loses a proton, then the residue name should be CYM instead of CYS based on AMBER naming scheme.

Thanks for Vaibhav’s detailed response. Yes, the metal coordinating residues will be renamed by MCPB.py during the MCPB.py modeling in order to differentiate them from other residues because they have different parameters.

Pengfei