Re: [AMBER] CPPTRAJ printout auto-detected hbond donor/acceptor

From: Gustaf Olsson <gustaf.olsson.lnu.se>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2020 08:40:53 +0000

Setting the debug level > 1 did produce a promising start:

HBOND: Searching for Hbond donors/acceptors in region specified by *
        Distance cutoff = 3.000, Angle Cutoff = 135.000

The printout from running the analysis with no additional input produces a list of "Acceptor-only atoms” and "Donor/acceptor sites”. This is roughly what I was looking for. I can solve this with some awk/grep combination though what I was hoping for was the same output on a “per resname” basis. My test system had 100 carboxylic acid molecules and water. I get 100 entries for the "carbonyl oxygen" and another 100 for the “hydroxyl group”. I was hoping to get entries on a “residue name/type” basis “on XXX found these acceptors/donors, on YYY, on ZZZ”.

Don’t know if this is of any greater interest to anyone else and should most likely not be considered a priority issue.

Thank you for you reply and suggestion
Best regards
// Gustaf