Re: [AMBER] protein domain "broken"

From: Dr. Anselm Horn <anselm.horn.fau.de>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 12:03:22 +0100

Dear Myriam,

I'm not sure that I understood your problem correctly:
If the issue is a non-existent disulfide bond, how do you know that it
is broken?

If you just see no bond in your visualization program that might just be
a problem of cutoffs for bond assumption and thus visualization in that
program.

If you see in your simulation that the distance between the two SG atoms
of the CYX residues increases to values well above the intial value,
then the disulfide bond might be absent.

You could check your topology file with the parmed tool.
Use the printBonds command to print all bonds involving SG atoms; if the
disulfide bond is not present, it was not present in the beginning.

Maybe that helps.

All the best,

Anselm