Re: [AMBER] System preparation for MMPBSA.py

From: SATYAJIT KHATUA <satyajitkhatua09.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2020 11:19:38 +0530

Hi,

I am talking about the systems where Zn is pre-coordinated to one of the
protein systems (so, P-Zn + P -> complex case).

In one system, the water ligand bound to the zinc ion is not quite replaced
by some atom of a protein. From literature what we know is there are three
amino acids bound to zinc (two from the zinc bound protein (P-Zn) and one
from the other protein (P)) in the complex. They also pointed out that the
fourth coordination position on zinc may be occupied by a water molecule as
they didn't observe any water signature near zinc in the electron density
map.

For the second case, the coordination number on zinc is satisfied by four
amino acid residues (three from P-Zn and one from P). I think this is the
case that you have mentioned in your third point.

Can you guide me on how should I proceed further?

with regards,
Satyajit Khatua