Re: [AMBER] Changing lj_radius without changing lj_14_radius

From: Matias Machado <mmachado.pasteur.edu.uy>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 15:25:38 -0300 (UYT)

Dear Batuhan,

I don't fully understand your question...

The 1-4 LJ terms are the result of scaling the resulting LJ pair interaction by the SCNB factor.

If you want to set new LJ parameters to each type, then look at keyword "changeLJSingleType". This will reset all corresponding LJ pair interactions (including 1-4 if any). To preserve the former 1-4 values, you can then use the keyword "changeLJ14Pair" to revert the previous effect on specific 1-4 LJ interactions (Note: it only works in chamber-created topologies, I've never used).

If you want to set particular LJ pair paramters out of the combination rule but not to change the LJ of the type, then use keyword "changeLJPair". Only the LJ parameters of the selected pairs are affected (including 1-4 teres if any). Again, use keyword "changeLJ14Pair" to revert the effect on the 1-4 interactions.

Best,

Matias

PhD.
Researcher at Biomolecular Simulations Lab.
Institut Pasteur de Montevideo | Uruguay
[http://pasteur.uy/en/labs/biomolecular-simulations-laboratory]
[http://www.sirahff.com]