Re: [AMBER] how to use one prmtop for two trajectories with just one ion difference

From: Vaibhav Dixit <vaibhavadixit.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2020 09:03:46 +0900

Dear Thomas and all,
In my case, between the two redox-states, there is a charge difference in
the cofactor-covalently attached to the protein.
And because I'm neutralizing the system, tleap adds one Cl- anion extra
when the co-factor is more positive compared to the other redox-state.

So my question is, is it meaningful to simulate a system with non-zero
net-charge (+1 in this case) and compare the energies with a neutral system
(which has an equal number of protein, water, ion and co-factor atoms)? If
yes, I'm thinking of generating a matrix of potential energy differences
(printed in mdout files) between all the snapshots. Will the generation of
multiple trajectories for both systems and then re-estimating this E-matrix
be able to deal with the noise?

I'm reading your papers carefully with the hope that the answers might be
already there.
Nevertheless, I rephrased my question(s) here with the hope that other
experts on the list might also give valuable suggestions.

Thanks a lot for valuable comments/suggestions.
Best regards.