Re: [AMBER] how to use one prmtop for two trajectories with just one ion difference

From: Thomas Cheatham <tec3.utah.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2020 23:17:10 +0000

As Carlos mentioned, you cannot compare energies of different molecular systems that are not directly the same composition. But, if you built a system with the ion-protein bound vs. ion-free with exactly the same number of waters you could compare energies, but this requires a large number of frames and is very noisy. We did this in this work with explicit water included: http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ci500132c and also this work in an MM-PBSA context: https://www.cell.com/biophysj/fulltext/S0006-3495(03)74608-6

-tec3