Re: [AMBER] how to use one prmtop for two trajectories with just one ion difference

From: Thomas Cheatham <tec3.utah.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2020 23:37:23 +0000

You cannot compare them that way, so what about a swap. Create a tripeptide with the covalently attached ligand that is distant from the protein and then swap the co-factor states in two separate simulations (one w/ charge on protein, one with charge on peptide). Still not guaranteeing the energy differences will be meaningful, but the prmtops will have equivalent presumably… Alternatively leave the net-negative charge; that will not break the PME or try both approaches to demonstrate they get similar trends.

-tec3