Re: [AMBER] amber18 installation error

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 08:41:59 -0400

On Tue, Sep 22, 2020, Nisha Amarnath Jonniya wrote:

>I am using ubuntu 20.04.1 , 64-bit and a gnu compiler.
>
>> > *This is the content of the log file:*
>> >
>> > config.status: error: in
>> > `/home/nisha/software/amber/amber18/AmberTools/src/netcdf-4.6.1':
>> > config.status: error: Something went wrong bootstrapping makefile
>> fragments
>> > for automatic dependency tracking. Try re-running configure with the
>> > '--disable-dependency-tracking' option to at least be able to build
>> > the package (albeit without support for automatic dependency
>> tracking).

Wow...I've never seen this error before. Just to be complete here, what
is the result of typing "gcc --version"?

Do you have the ability to try to build Amber on a different machine?

It would be great if someone on the list has the time to try to build
amber18 on Ubunutu 20.04. But I'm guessing that this error is going to
be hard to reproduce. I configure netCDF the "old" way on Ubuntu20.04
all the time, and have not encountered this problem.

Note: in order to try the fix recommended in the error message above,
you would need to edit the $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/configure2 script,
find the place where netcdf is configured, and add the suggested flag
there. Then, re-run configure from $AMBERHOME.

....regards...dac