(unknown charset) Re: [AMBER] Query on nucleic acid force fields

From: (unknown charset) Jiri Sponer <sponer.ncbr.muni.cz>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 10:47:13 +0200 (MEST)

Dear all,

OL15 is the complete version.

1) It started from the ff99bsc0 version by adding DNA
specific modification of chi (chiOL4, Krepl et al. JCTC 2012),
important for example for quadruplexes. It is because it
was necessary to split the RNA and DNA force fields
due to contradicting requirements.

2) Then (Zgarbova et al JCTC 2013) eps/zeta has been modified,
resolving the B-DNA helical twist and BI/BII (ezOL1).

3) Finally, (Zgarbova et al 2015 JCTC)
the tricky beta dihedral (bOL1) has been reparametrized,
which further improves B-DNA and is essential for Z-DNA.
Simultaneously, to SIMPLIFY the name, it has been named
as OL15, which includes all the earlier modifications.
OL15 = Cornell et al. + ff99 + bsc0 + chiOL4 + ezOL1 + bOL1.

Thus, OL15, as used, is basically a complete reparametrization
of the dihedral potentials of the seminal Cornell et al.
force field from 1995, published in a series of steps in 1999/2000, 2007,
2012, 2013, and 2015.

It is explained in the Zgarbova et al paper JCTC 2015
(Refinement of the SugarPhosphate Backbone Torsion Beta for
AMBER Force Fields Improves the Description of Z- and BDNA)
on p. 5724:
"We introduce a shorthand OL15 for the
combination of the bOL1, ezOL1 and chiOL4 dihedral modifications
(named after the city of Olomouc, parametrization version
2015) ."

So, OL15 includes everything.

Best wishes, Jiri