Re: [AMBER] Adding ions at a particular position

From: Gustaf Olsson <gustaf.olsson.lnu.se>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 07:08:27 +0000

There should be many different solutions to this problem

- I think it should be possible to change the position of an ion/atom using the edit mode in xleap.
- You could assemble the system using packmol where you can control the location of the molecules you are adding.
- You could use a GUI program (like Avogadro/pymol or similar) to place the ion in a reasonable position.
- You could likely “guide” the ion into the correct position through simulation with distance restraints/steering.

Best regards
// Gustaf