Re: [AMBER] Strange RMSD tower appearing in simulation

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 12:20:49 -0400

Yes, this looks like an imaging problem--if you have iwrap = 1 in your
&cntrl, the homoDIMERIC protein is two molecules, so each will be re-imaged
separately. The same mechanics that are likely creating your spike are
also the reason that iwrap = 1 can cause simulations with positional
restraints to break unexpectedly hundreds of ns into an otherwise stable
trajectory. (Just posting to bring up that second point, which periodically
pops up on the list, no pun intended.)

Dave