[AMBER] Strange RMSD tower appearing in simulation

From: Jorge da Rocha <jdarocha1.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 17:42:51 +0200

Dear Amber Users,

I am running a simulation of a large homodimeric protein (15800 atoms). The
simulation mostly runs well, but a large tower/spike of RMSD around 240ns.

I have tried to address the artefact by using autoimage, and anchoring to
the residues of the structure, but the issue persists.

I am using pmemd.cuda for the simulation.

Have you any advice of how to resolve this, or ideas of what could be
causing this? I will be rerunning that section of simulation in the mean
time to see if anything changes.

Warm Regards
Jorge da Rocha
--
Jorge da Rocha (MSc Med)
PhD Candidate at the Sydney Brenner Institute for Molecular Bioscience