[AMBER] How to deal with oxygen atom on Fe=O of Compound I (heme enzyme) using MCPB tool

From: Mohamed M. Aboelnga <mohamedm.aboelnga.mail.concordia.ca>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2020 15:31:58 +0000

Hello,

I have used MCPB tool to parameterize my heme in presence of ligand but I could not use the same tool to parameterize it in the form of compound I where there is a bound oxygen to the iron center! I tried to treat this oxygen as a separate ligand but encountered errors in its parameterization.

If any one could provide my with a solution or suggest a more appropiate way to handle it it will be much appreciated.

​Sincerely,
Mohamed M. Aboelnga, PhD
Horizon Postdoctoral Fellow
Centre for Research in Molecular Modeling (CERMM)
Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec, CANADA