Re: [AMBER] tleap.in error

From: Matias Machado <mmachado.pasteur.edu.uy>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2020 10:00:06 -0300 (UYT)

Dear Ayesha Fatima,

Is there any chance you are generating the file "tleap1.in" in Windows and then running in Linux?

My guess is that you may be facing Linux/Windows compatibility issues due to the "carriage return", which may be interpreted as an extra argument by leap. Hence the error "Improper number of arguments!" despite "not seeing" the character in the line...

In Linux you can unmask the issue by executing:

cat -A tleap1.in

then you should see...

source leaprc.protein.ff14SB ^M$

If that's the case, then check this link for possible solutions...
https://kb.iu.edu/d/acux

Best regards,

Matias

PS: the fact of sending the mail from a Windows 10 computer gave me the hint Watson... ;-)

PhD.
Researcher at Biomolecular Simulations Lab.
Institut Pasteur de Montevideo | Uruguay
[http://pasteur.uy/en/labs/biomolecular-simulations-laboratory]
[http://www.sirahff.com]