[AMBER] weird energy histograms with REMD

From: Diego Morone <diego.morone.irb.usi.ch>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2020 14:35:04 +0200

Dear AMBER users,

I am trying to set up replica exchange on AMBER. Using explicit solvent
(ff14SB + TIP3P water) and 16 geometrically spaced replicas I get a good
range of accept ratios (from 5 to 16 %) and 10-20 round trips/replica, but
weird histograms (see attachment) which don't look like gaussians. The
simulation is run for 40ns/replica on 2 GPUs with pmemd.cuda.MPI on Amber
19. After heating at 300K, the equilibration was performed first NPT at 300K
1atm, then NVT at 300K. I get a similar plot with implicit solvent and less
replicas. Could you help me in spotting the problem?

Many thanks

Diego

TREMD

&cntrl