Re: [AMBER] Are Amber program can running using AMD processor?

From: Bill Ross <ross.cgl.ucsf.edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2020 21:39:23 -0700

Everything you need will run fine on the AMD, I expect. The performance
that people always want more of is coming from the GPU these days, I
infer that's why the CPU version of the code is free. :-)

I'd consider the expansion possibilities. Here's something that can hold
4 GPUs for example, tho it's Intel-based.

https://l7.curtisnorthcutt.com/the-best-4-gpu-deep-learning-rig

I just built it w/ 2x2080ti for machine learning. No matter what you do,
it's nice to have something to experiment on while a long job is running.

They say to be sure to get blower-type cards if you will pack them in. I
haven't made the GPUs work yet, but the idle one is hotter than the
active one, illustrating how case convection matters.

Bill