Re: [AMBER] libnetcdf.so.7 needed by /usr/local/src/amber18/lib/libcpptraj.so, not found when upgrading AT18 to AT19

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 13:05:00 -0400

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020, Dan Roe wrote:

>Seems like /usr/local/src/amber18/lib/libcpptraj.so is out of date for
>some reason. I'm not really an expert on how cmake tries to figure out
>dependencies so I'm not exactly sure what's going on, but maybe try to
>remove /usr/local/src/amber18/lib/libcpptraj.so so it gets regenerated
>with references to the proper libnetcdf.so? Someone better versed in
>cmake may want to chime in here.

I don't think this has anything to do with cmake. This
is AmberTools19, and the user is clearly running configure, not cmake.

>> I'm having problem with upgrading AmberTools 18 to AmberTools19 on Ubuntu
>> 18.04.
>> I run
>> ./update_amber --upgrade to upgrade from AmberTools18 to AmberTools19. I
>> downloaded all available patches and then run
>> ./configure gnu
>> and
>> make install

Try running "make distclean" before the "make install" step. It could
be that something is left over from the AmberTools18 build that is
getting in the way of compiling AmberTools19.

Even better, in my view: make the jump to AmberTools20. You can still
use pmemd* from Amber18, but everything else will benefit from getting
the bugfixes and improvements inherent in the latest version.

....good luck...dac