Re: [AMBER] How to set salt concentration

From: Matias Machado <mmachado.pasteur.edu.uy>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2020 10:17:27 -0300 (UYT)

Dear Nada Afiva,

This question is answered in the following threads:

http://archive.ambermd.org/202002/0194.html
http://archive.ambermd.org/202003/0040.html

I do NOT recommend the strategy of neutralizing then adding salt, this leads to overestimation of the macroscopic salt.

The best way to estimate the volume of the solvent is using the number of water molecules.

Best,

Matias

PhD.
Researcher at Biomolecular Simulations Lab.
Institut Pasteur de Montevideo | Uruguay
[http://pasteur.uy/en/labs/biomolecular-simulations-laboratory]
[http://www.sirahff.com]