Re: [AMBER] Error in Installing Amber 20 on GPU

From: Gustaf Olsson <gustaf.olsson.lnu.se>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2020 05:55:21 +0000

The error log seems pretty clear:

    #error -- unsupported GNU version! gcc versions later than 6 are not supported!

I am uncertain if this is a restriction from Amber or the installed CUDA version though this matters less. What happens if you install gcc6 and try to build?

It seems that compiling amber using the gnu compilers (pretty much been my default since 2010-2018) is being met with more complications as the build seems picky regarding versions and particularly in combination with openmpi/cuda.

Anyway, I would initially start by reverting to gcc6 and see if that produces a working build.
Best regards
// Gustaf