Re: [AMBER] Changing hydrogen atom radius to optimize saltbridge in GB-OBC model

From: Kellon Belfon <kellonbelfon.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 01:46:50 -0400

Hi Sunita,

In the page 4 last line, it is written that no need to modify the Born
radius of HN+ in Lys. Why?

 In the paper two radii were adjusted, (1) the oxygen of the negative
charged amino acid and (2) the hydrogen of the positive charged amino acid.
Those adjustments are being done to match the target PMF (salt bridge PMF
in TIP3P).

That line suggested that the adjustment of the oxygen radius was sufficient
to match the target PMF and therefore no adjustment of the hydrogen radius
was needed for the KAAE system. I hope this is helpful or clear.

In the AMBER manual it is mentioned that the ff14SB force field with igb=8
produces the best result for proteins. If I want to use GB-Neck2 for my
REMD simulation then only this modification I need to incorporate. Am I
right?

Yes ensure you use ff14SBonlysc and not ff14SB (source
leaprc.protein.ff14SBonlysc)

And change to the mbondi3 radii to get the radii from the paper.
set default PBRadii mbondi3