Re: [AMBER] Changing hydrogen atom radius to optimize saltbridge in GB-OBC model

From: Sunita Patel <sunita.patel.cbs.ac.in>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 09:35:57 +0530

Dear Prof. Simmerling,

Thanks for sending the paper link. Now I am going through it. So basically
GB-Neck2 improves solvation energy and effective radii resulting in better
treatment of saltbridges. We can implement this in our simulation using
igb=8 in AMBER 11 or later. GB-Neck2 simulation uses mbondi3.

In the page 4 last line, it is written that no need to modify the Born
radius of HN+ in Lys. Why?

In the AMBER manual it is mentioned that the ff14SB force field with igb=8
produces the best result for proteins. If I want to use GB-Neck2 for my
REMD simulation then only this modification I need to incorporate. Am I
right?

With sincere regards,
Sunita