Re: [AMBER] how to compute the protein interaction surface with the ligand

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 12:00:42 -0400

Hi,

I know I responded to some of this off-list, but I also wanted to
respond on-list so it shows up in the future for people with a similar
problem.

To be honest, 'molsurf' probably isn't a good fit for what you want
here. The 'molsurf' command isn't good for getting partial surfaces.
The 'molsurf' program that I adapted the code from didn't have a
complete per-atom surface area contribution, and I've never had the
time to implement it myself. So if you do say :1-3, it's going to give
you the *total* surface area of residues 1 to 3, not the contribution
of residues 1 to 3 as part of a larger surface area. The LCPO surface
area ('surf') will do a "partial" surface area, but that surface area
is much less accurate.

Hopefully this helps a little bit.

-Dan