Re: [AMBER] Interaction of cellulose-hemicellulose

From: Lachele Foley <lf.list.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 02:48:13 -0400

What do you mean by "converted"? Do you mean that you added TER cards
to the PDB file? Did you do anything else?

The way to really check bonding is to generate topology/coordinate
files (parm7/rst7) and then load them into a viewer like VMD or
Chimera. When I do that, and output a set of pamr7/rst7 files, the
bonding looks ok. I don't have xleap at easy access at the moment, so
I'm can't check the behavior there, but it's not super important.

Note that you will also need to alter the charge on the C atom where
the MEX is attached. The website does that automatically where it
can, but there is no standard way to encode charge in a PDB file, so
if you need to use the PDB file like you are, then you will need to
adjust charge. The doc is below.

http://glycam.org/docs/help/2014/04/04/adding-chemical-derivatives-to-glycam-residues/

I used these commands in tleap:

source leaprc.GLYCAM_06j-1
m = loadpdb hema_TER.pdb ## I added TER cards to the PDB file you
sent a couple emails ago
check m ## this gets tleap to perform some simple checks on your
molecule, including total charge - should be zero if correct
saveamberparm m m.parm7 m.rst7
quit

Then, I loaded them into vmd with:

vmd m.parm7 m.rst7

Make sure that this works by itself, then try to combine this and your
other molecule.

I've attached the PDB file with the TER cards added.

Let me know if you have other questions.

--
:-) Lachele
Lachele Foley