Re: [AMBER] MPI+threads in Amber

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 13:35:49 -0400

Hi,

Cpptraj can be compiled with MPI+OpenMP (also with CUDA, in any
combination). Note that the different types of parallelization
(processes vs threads) are orthogonal; trajectory reading/writing is
parallelized with MPI, while certain CPU-intensive actions are
parallelized with OpenMP (or CUDA in certain cases). A more complete
description can be found in the following publication:
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/jcc.25382

Hope this helps - feel free to ask more questions as needed!

-Dan