Re: [AMBER] AmberTools19 update.8 fails to install

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 11:21:49 -0400

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020, mark.bergman.uphs.upenn.edu wrote:

>The configure step fails to apply patch update.8 (and successive patches
>are skipped).

Thanks for your detailed error message, but I'm a bit mystified here. I
just extracted the origin Amber19Tools.tar.bz2 file, and did
'./update_amber --update': everything went smoothly. That is in accord
with the fact that no one else has reported this problem, even though
all AmberTools users are applying these updates.

I'm guessing that what must have happened is that update.6 (which also
modifies the test/cnste_remd/Explicit_EREM/Run.Eremd file) failed to
install correctly. Then the patches in update.8 (which assume that
update.6 has been applied) failed to work.

Can you check about what happened with update.6? Since that is a very
big patch, it might be worth starting from scratch and seeing if the
update problem is reproducible.

....regards...dac