Re: [AMBER] If a non-standard force field is used for proteins, how would you approach parameterization of lipids and ligands?

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 06:18:53 -0400

I'm not sure that it's clear what to do. The model is heavily empirically
adjusted, and I would expect that the same kind of adjustments need to be
made to any other components that you add. The functional form is
compatible I believe, so toy can always try mixing things out of the box,
but until people report results we don't really know.
It's not so much that it isn't ff14SB, it's that the vdw parameters were
changed, and things were empirically adjusted for a specific solvent model
and so on.... It was optimized as a single unit and how much that will
suffer by introducing components from a different source is uncertain.