Re: [AMBER] REMD hybrid solvent model

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 22:09:09 -0400

Just to add to what Koushik said, an unfolded protein of that length will
require a massive box of water to enclose unfolded states. The hybrid
solvent model in Amber is only used during the exchange step ; md is still
carried out in this large box. It also sounds like you intend to
extensively sample conformational space during this run. I think working on
the project you describe will take very significant computational
resources. You may want to look at work from DESRES using Anton.