Re: [AMBER] REMD hybrid solvent model

From: koushik kasavajhala <koushik.sbiiit.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 16:24:06 -0400

Hi Hosein,

Do you want to do a MD simulation with hybrid solvent or do you want to do
Replica Exchange MD simulation with a hybrid solvent Exchange scheme?

The point you mentioned pertains to Replica Exchange MD (REMD) using a
hybrid solvent exchange scheme. Hybrid solvent REMD using pmemd (to be
released with AMBER 20 version) allows systems with Na+, Cl-, and K+ ions
only. To my knowledge, hybrid Solvent REMD in sander does not support
systems with ions.

For a big system like yours, it may not be ideal to do explicit solvent
REMD. Is there a reason why you do not want to use GB with saltcon set to
some value?

Best,

Koushik