Re: [AMBER] Incosistency in energy values from out files and cpptraj energy tools

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 11:54:41 -0400

Hi,

For historical reasons, the energies printed to MDOUT are 1 time step
ahead of the coordinates (see e.g.
http://archive.ambermd.org/201905/0075.html). If you do energy
post-processing with sander (i.e. imin=5) on that trajectory then the
energies should match exactly (assuming you're using the same cutoffs,
ewald parameters, etc).

-Dan