Re: [AMBER] generating g-quadruplex DNA structures from a sequence

From: Satyaseelan C <bo17resch11006.iith.ac.in>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 14:23:24 +0530

Dear Vaibhav,
     I would like to suggest 3D-NuS web-server (
https://iith.ac.in/3dnus/Quadruplex.html) for custom modelling of nucleic
acids structures including G-quadruplexes with your sequence of interest.
You can find the contact details in 3D-NuS web-server. You can contact us
for any further information related to building G-quadruplexes.

Hope the suggestions will be helpful to you.

Regards,
Sathyaseelan

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 12:23 PM Vaibhav Dixit <vaibhavadixit.gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Amber community,
> In a project, I am required to generate g-quadruplex structures for
> sequences for which crystal structure data in not available.
> Using amber tutorial B1 like procedure it is very easy to generate a
> variety of normal DNA helix structures.
> But I can't find a similar procedure for generating g-quadruplex structure
> only from a sequence.
> Thus I'm wondering if an expert on the list can suggest how can I approach
> this requirement using AmberTools.
> Will it make sense if I use an existing quadruplex PDB entry of identical
> length and simply delete coordinates for the bases (keep sugar-coordinates)
> and change residue names to required base e.g. DG to DA?
> Will leap add standard (reasonable) coordinates for bases? Will these give
> a reasonably good starting point for E min, and regular MD procedure?
> Looking forward to getting valuable insights into this.
> Thank you and best regards.
>

> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Dr. Vaibhav A. Dixit,
>
> Visiting Scientist at the Manchester Institute of Biotechnology (MIB), The
> University of Manchester, 131 Princess Street, Manchester M1 7DN, UK.
> AND
> Assistant Professor,
> Department of Pharmacy,
> ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
> Birla Institute of Technology and Sciences Pilani (BITS-Pilani),
> VidyaVihar Campus, street number 41, Pilani, Rajasthan 333031.
> India.
> Phone No. +91 1596 255652, Mob. No. +91-7709129400,
> Email: vaibhav.dixit.pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in, vaibhavadixit.gmail.com
> http://www.bits-pilani.ac.in/pilani/vaibhavdixit/profile
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/vaibhav-dixit-b1a07a39/
>
> ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4015-2941
>
> http://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=X876BKcAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=sra