Re: [AMBER] Tracking ligand position throughout equilibration stages

From: Dr. Anselm Horn <anselm.horn.fau.de>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 10:34:40 +0100

Hi Debarati,

another possibility to monitor the movements of the ligand within its
binding pocket with a single variable is to rms-fit the trajetory to the
initial receptor structure and then calculate the rmsd value of the
ligand without fitting/superimposition. Thus, you obtain an rmsd vs.
time plot describing the flexibility of the ligand with respect to its
initial structure with respect to the protein environment.

However, since you imposed harmonic restraints upon your ligand, you
probably won't see large movements.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Anselm