Re: [AMBER] help needed for failed installation of CUDA for GPU-accelerated versions of pmemd for AMBER 18

From: Billiot, Eugene <Eugene.Billiot.tamucc.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2019 18:19:16 +0000

Below is the info I have on the CUDA and gcc versions. After typing in gcc --version, as you mentioned ,it lists the gcc version as 5.3.1 and when I went to the
/usr/local/cuda directory and looked at the version.txt file it shows the CUDA version as 7.5.18. However, when I type in nvcc --version, as shown below, it states that bash: nvcc: command not found...

Also, I am not sure what you meant by "You can generally see if /usr/local/cuda is a symlink to someplace else."
I suspect that means if I type in "cd /usr/local/cuda" it would go to a different directory, so i did so and when I typed in cd /usr/local/cuda it sent me to the cuda directory.

I apologize for my ignorance, but how do I correct the issues of having the "wrong" versions of gcc and possibly CUDA?
As a reminder the error I received when trying to install the CUDA for GPU-accelerated versions of pmemd for AMBER 18 was #error -- unsupported GNU version! gcc versions later than 4.9 are not supported!

[AmberPc.cs-127a-26042 cuda]$ nvcc --version
bash: nvcc: command not found...

[AmberPc.cs-127a-26042 amber18]$ gcc --version

gcc (GCC) 5.3.1 20160406 (Red Hat 5.3.1-6)

[AmberPc.cs-127a-26042 cuda]$ cat version.txt

CUDA Version 7.5.18