Re: [AMBER] NVT equilibriation followed by NPT in TI

From: Debarati DasGupta <debarati_dasgupta.hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2019 14:54:15 +0000

Thank you Prof Case for the helpful insights.
I know its been 3 months or more that I am trying to get this working.
I have tried the following changes till now to make the TI-work on GPUs.(pmemd.cuda)
I would have to eventually do pmemd.MPI but our lab has limited cpu processors and me switching to TI-on cpus would mean others would have no running jobs, also the project would take 1 yr or more to get data out. That’s the reason I m trying my best to get GPU-TI running. Sorry for asking tons of questions on this.

  1. Minimized longer (50000 steps of SD) , and made my dx0=0.0001 , don’t know if that helps, because I am having no issues with minimizing my complex(Kinase+small ligand)
  2. Changed taup=1 to taup=2 to help in pressure relaxation.
  3. Changed gamma_ln=5 instead of gamma_ln=3…
  4. Changed to MC barostat=2
  5. Heating was eventually done from 0-50K, then 50-100K, 100-200K, 200-300K, instead of instaneous temp wrapping.
  6. Equilibrate NVT (2ns) followed by NPT (5ns)
  7. Changed the thermostat tried ntt=3, ntt=1…
  8. Made ntpr=1 to see if that helps.
  9. Now I could decrease my restrain_wt to 10 as you have suggested, but the problem is then the ethanol molecule would not remain tethered to the spot for my binding free energy calculation. I cannot let the molecule move a lot away from the hotspot for which I am estimating the absolute FE.
  10. I think I have tried some more variants to make my equilibration work on GPUs, but no luck as yet.
  11. I will try equilibrating the system longer before switching on my TI.
Thanks for being patient and for helpful suggestions.

Regards
Debarati